Recently we talked about the importance of Search Engine Optimization. Today, we will discuss some of the popular and absolute tools of SEO industry.
Some of the tools to check your website's keyword rank:
- Fire Fox Rank CheckerĂ˘â‚¬â€ś A nice tool for a quick keyword ranking check. Highly recommended.
- Advanced Web RankingĂ˘â‚¬â€ś You just have to pay $99/year. It is a java based application.
Now here are some of the keyword research tools for you. Find out as to what your clients are searching for:
- Google's Keyword external tool: Shows apt search volume numbers.
- Quintura: Amazing tool if you w.ant knowledge of symantically related keywords.
- Google Trends: A great tool for conducting organic or PPC search campaigns in a successful way.
- Keyword Discovery and Word Tracker: Both tools are good for mining long tail keyword phrases.
- Google's Sktool
The next category is of Competitive Analysis Tools. In the field of Search Engine Marketing, it is important to have a fair knowledge of your target audience. At the same time you must know what your competition is doing in terms of their ads. Here are some of the tools to help you in this issue.
- SEO Digger is an amazing tool when it comes to knowing which keywords a website already ranks for.
- Compete.com: As the name says, the tools gives you a relative traffic comparison of what the other websites are up to, in terms of traffic. (Just like Google)
- Domaintools.com: Log on to this tool, and you will get a fair idea of a domain's statistics including site age, web server OS, who owns it, and other such things.
- Quantcast: Get insight on your target audience at other's website.
- Google's insights: Good if you want to know what geological regions search the most for your keyword.
Let's talk something about Link Analysis Tools and their importance. With these tools, you can check out your site's back link profile and compare to your competition. The fact is that Google, Yahoo and other such search engines rank a website based on in-bound link profile. Here are some of the relevant tools:
- Check and analyze your website's back link count.
- Analysis of Back Link Anchor text.
- Aaron Wall's Back Link Analyzer.
- Opti-spider (Cost $130 dollars bit it's worth it).
- SEO Elite.
- Funnel Web Profiler 2.0 (can be used for looking at your site's internal link graph) The bird's eye view is another hot feature of this tool.
- Opti-spider and the Supplemental Results Detector Tool: Both the tools are excellent for solving problems related with pagerank distribution.
Also check out this tool for Link Acquisition:
- Link search: The tool provides the user with a list of search engine queries that are targeted to return sites. As a result you are provided with an opportunity to leave comments, add your website link and or purchase links related to your business.
The Big Daddy : Tools For PPC:
- Google's Traffic Estimator: The tool shows an estimated value for each click as far as a given keyword on the Adwords program is concerned.
- Google Adwords preview.
A List Of Web Server Tools:
- Check web page status codes: this tools plays a very important role in finding out if a web page is being redirected and what kind of redirect it is and other such things.
- Xenu Link Sleuth: Want to check broken links? Use this tool!
- Google Webmaster Tools: It not only deals with web server tools but is arrayed with a wide range of other cool features as well.
Analytics and feedback tools
- Google Analytics: First of all, this tool is free. Secondly, it provides a wide range of features like organic and paid keyword traffic, most popular content, visitor profiles, etc. so without any second thoughts, just install it!
- Mint Analytics: It's a paid version and shares its resemblance with Google analytics. But there is one exception, you get data (feedback) in real time.