To reach on the top of the search results page and to retain that position for long, your website should be worthy of being there. It should be the best-in-class and provide the best user experience. Thankfully, there are a number of free SEO tools which can help you take your website to those heights:
Keyword Research Tools:
- Bing Keyword Research Tool: A popular Bing product to know what people are searching for and getting keyword ideas and suggestions.
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool: Yes, we all know how we can use this tool to see the performance of a list of keywords and create a new set of keywords.
- Google Trends: An indicator of the hottest searches and how people are searching for your brand.
- KeywordTool.io: The Keyword Tool can generate up to 750 keyword suggestions. By automatically generating Google's auto suggestions, the tool will provide thousands of keywords related to the topic you are looking for. This is why it is one of the best alternatives to Google Keywords Planner and UberSuggest.
- Searchmetrics: All your relevant keyword research data right at one place.
- SEMrush: Enter a domain and get a list of the top 10 keywords that page is ranking for.
- UberSuggest: Gives not just keyword suggestions, but also estimated keyword volume and CPC data.
SEO Audit Tools:
- Bing Webmaster Tools: One click and know what users are looking for and where to focus to drive more traffic.
- Copyscape: Enter your URL and find out whether your content has been copied by some other website.
- Google Webmaster Tools: All data, tools, reports and diagnostics for a site to improve visibility on Google.
- Internet Marketing Ninjas On-Page Optimization Analysis: Analyzes existing on-page SEO and lets you see your website’s data as a spider sees it.
- MetaFever Free SEO Report: Type your website URL and get a detailed final report of your website.
- Screaming Frog: Get found on Google, attract more visitors and drive conversions.
- SEO Browser: A fast and effective tool by Moz, with all important SEO statistics on one big page.
- Virante Duplicate Content Checker: The tool checks your site for all duplicate content issues.
Link Building Tools:
- Ahrefs: One of the most powerful tools for checking links.
- Majestic SEO: The planet’s largest link index database. This says it all.
- Open Site Explorer: Conduct competitive link research, explore backlinks, anchor text and more.
- Target Local Link Prospecting Query Builder: This link building tool from Target Local, will help you create search queries for link prospecting. All you have to do is, enter the keyword, target area and the type of link you want.
- All in One SEO Pack: WordPress SEO plugin to automatically optimize your WordPress blog for search engines.
- Check My Links: A Google Chrome extension to check for broken links.
- MageSEO: The easy to install and Magento compatible SEO extension.
- Scraper: A simple data mining extension for Google Chrome.
- SEObook SEO Toolbar: A great Firefox extension for a competitive analysis.
- SEO Ultimate: A unified SEO plugin to control title tags, noindex, meta tags, open graph and more.
- User Agent Switcher for Chrome: Change Chrome’s user agent to Firefox, Safari, Opera or Internet Explorer.
- Web Developer Extension: The extension adds various web developer tools to a browser.
- Yoast: The complete WordPress SEO plugin for WordPress.org users.
Web Analytics Tools:
- Clicky: Almost as effective as Google Analytics, Clicky shows you all the analytics data of your website in real time.
- Google Analytics: Say Hi to Google Analytics- increase sales, find more visitors and enhance your mobile app. Go through this checklist from Google to find out how you can drive maximum advantage out of Google Analytics.
- Mixpanel: Looks at different metrics, along with page views, to measure user engagement with your site.
- Open Web Analytics: Want to know how people are using your website? Use this analytics dashboard to know more.
- Piwik: Piwik lets you know more about your visitors and their behaviour on your website.
- StatCounter: Gives you a detailed insight on your page traffic with a review of the last 500 page views.
- Woopra: Learn more about your customers- Who are they? How did they discover you and how do they interact with your website?