The much awaited SMX Social Media, New York kicks off today, October 16. This leg of SMX will last for two days.
Agenda – October 16, 2007
- 9:00am-10:20am (1 hr 20 min) Social Media Marketing Essentials. Speakers include Rand Fishkin, CEO & Co-founder, SEOmoz and Neil Patel, CTO, Advantage Consulting Services
- 10:40am-12:00pm (1 hr 20 min) Linkbait – Chumming for Traffic on Social Media Sites. Speakers include Brent Csutoras, Online Marketing Specialist, BrentCsutoras.com; Rebecca Kelley, Search Marketing Consultant, SEOmoz and Cameron Olthuis, CEO, Factive Media
- 1:15pm-2:40pm (1 hr 25 min) Extra! Extra! The Social News Sites. Neil Patel, CTO, Advantage Consulting Services; Chris Winfield, President & Co-founder, 10e20 and Tamar Weinberg, Search Marketing Strategist, Rusty Brick, Inc.
- 3:00pm-4:20pm (1 hr 20 min) A Marketer's Guide to Social Bookmarking & Tagging. Guillaume Bouchard, CEO, NVI; Michael Gray, President, Atlas Web Service and Neil Patel, CTO, Advantage Consulting Services.
- 4:40pm-5:30pm (50 min) Keynote Q&A: Joshua Schachter of del.icio.us & Garrett Camp of StumbleUpon. Garrett Camp, Founder & Chief Product Officer, StumbleUpon and Joshua Schachter, Founder, del.icio.us.
- 5:30pm-6:30pm (1 hr) Networking Cocktail Reception
Agenda – October 17, 2007
- 9:00am-10:20am (1 hr 20 min) Effectively Leveraging Social Networking. Speakers include Cindy Krum, Senior SEO Analyst, Blue Moon Works; Dave McClure, Entrepeneur & Startup Advisor, 500Hats and Helen M. Overland, Director, Search Engine Marketing, non-linear creations.
- 10:40am-12:00pm (1 hr 20 min) Evangelist – The Marketer's Role in SMM
- 1:15pm-2:15pm (1 hr) Micro Communities
- 2:30pm-4:00pm (1 hr 30 min) Wikipedia, Yahoo Answers & Answer Sharing
- 4:20pm-5:00pm (40 min) Wikipedia Clinic
You won't get commercial pitches at SMX. Speakers are screened and accepted based on the knowledge and experience they can and will share with others. You'll learn both practical tips and techniques you can implement as well as strategies and bigger picture outlooks to make you successful in the long run.
Who should attend?
- Brand marketers
- Agency new media specialists
- Full service agency media planners and buyers
- SEM managers
- PR professionals
- Chief Marketing Officers
…and anyone concern with brand prominence and enhancement.
Our crew will be covering the event and will be providing you with all the information, news, reports, insight, images and videos on SMX Social Media, New York, just like we covered SMX Search Marketing Conference