Gary Price reports that Google has been ranked as the most powerful brand by “Millward Brown Optimor's Brandz Top 100” in collaboration with Financial Times. The result is based on the dollar value of the companies.
Google with $66.4 billion beat General Electric worth $61.9 billion to reach the top slot. Yahoo! considered to be its closest rival was ranked at number 42. The detailed report of the findings have been published exclusively by Financial Times.
The value of the brand is calculated by the “sum of all earnings the brand is expected to generate”. These type of rating help in identifying the key areas where the company has to focus on.
The other brands that made it to the top ten list are:
- General Electric with $61.9 billion
- Microsoft with $55 billion
- Coca-Cola with $44.1 billion
- China Mobile with $41.2 billion
- Marlboro with $39.2 billion
- Wal-Mart with $36.9 billion
- Citigroup with $33.7 billion
- IBM with $33.6 billion
- Toyota Motor with $33.4 billion