Connecting with people is much easier now, as Google has integrated its three services- Gmail-Contacts and Google+. So, now you can see and filter emails while on Google+ and can get your notifications while using Gmail and see your Contacts updated thru Google profiles.
This integration will lead to faster sharing. As Google is quoted- “We’ll be rolling out all of these changes out over the next few days to Gmail, Gmail Contacts and the “standalone” version of Google Contacts at contacts.google.com. All of these features (and the more to come) are the result of the great discussion that we had on Google+ with users in July. If you want to join in discussions like these, add the Gmail Google+ page to your circles.”
Google is integrating all its services to aid Google+ become even bigger and grow on the social scene. The new integrated features allow you to-
- You can “Add To Circles” anyone whom you have emailed (if they are on Google+). You can find their profile box on Google+ and see the link to connect to them.
- Similarly, for people you are connected to on Google+, you can see their recent posts in the Gmail profile box.
- You can also filter your email or Contacts by +Circles. This feature is really cool as you can choose to view mails from a specific Circle of friends or from people who are in at least one of your circles.
- You can also display for your convenience, the Circles people mailing you are in.
- Profiles and information of those on Gmail or Contacts will be automatically be updated via the Google+ Profile information of the user. (only the information made public by the user concerned will be shown)
- Upload pictures emailed to you directly on Google+. No more downloading from Gmail and then uploading.
What do you think of this integration? Is it convenience redefined? Do share your views.