Google has announced that users can now integrate their Google+ Business page with the Google+ Local page and benefit from a consolidated online presence on search as well as social. The integration of the two pages can be done from the Google+ Pages admin. The resultant combined page will be packed with features of both the pages- as in reviews from the Local page and other social features that come with Google +.
The search engine giant has given step by step instructions on how to manage this integration:
- “Hover over Unverified at the top of your Google+ page. Click the Verify now button when it appears. Or, click Verify now in the Is this your business? section below the map.
- Confirm your address and click Request postcard again. Your postcard should arrive within a week or so.
- Once it’s arrived, go to the website listed on the postcard, www.google.com/local/verify.
- If you've requested a postcard for multiple Google+ pages, make sure to click on the name of the business that the postcard is for.
- Enter the PIN listed on the postcard and click Submit.”
Google said that after following these steps, the data and listing details on Google Maps will be merged with Google+ Local listing. So, your business will find its place in Google Maps as well. Presently, the verification feature is allowed for local business/place pages only. Site owners with Pages in other categories can create a new page in the business category to achieve verification. For businesses with multiple locations, presently they can only use one address to verify social local Google+ pages. Verification in bulk will not be possible any time soon.Time to Integrate Google+ Business Page with Google+ Local Page!,