Last month I had informed our readers about the importance of Image Ranking and that Google was working on a ranking algorithm for images. Following the same track of 'Image Rankings', I recently came across a post at the Phoenix Realm that emphasizes on the importance of the role that images play in attracting traffic to websites.
Gary stresses on a point that makes a lot of sense. He states that, optimization of image search is essential as in turn, image searches amount to considerable amount of site traffic. Although image searches have been proven beneficial for site traffic, still they remain quite unpredictable as far as user searches are concerned.
To help people attract larger user base to their websites, Gary has mentioned some quite important details. These tips will help in making make full use of the images that you post on your website or blogs:
- The text should be in close proximity to the related images. It wouldn't make any sense if the text is somewhere and the image is somewhere else.
- Your text or content of the page should always be linked to the image or images that are relevant to the text.
- You should research on the relevancy of your images, by visiting other websites that contain the same or similar images. Thus, you'll get an idea about relevancy as well as the frequency of images.
- The higher the resolution of an image the better, image would always rank. it's clear with a suitable resolution.
- Keep in check that the high resolution images that you put in your website do not extend the loading time of your site. You cannot afford to lose usability and accessibility.
- Multiple images should be linked together according to their relevance to each other and in accordance with the text as well. This will enhance user experience and thus help you in achieving good image rankings.
- You should use images that are relevant to your website topic. Logos and images that are relevant to your website should appear consistently throughout the site.
These are some of the factors that you should always keep in mind, so as to improve or get higher rankings in image searches. I hope, these suggestions would be quite helpful to you all. Good Luck!