The scenario has entirely changed. Now, the use of press release has stretched its limits beyond search engine marketing. There is something more to it! Newsworthy press releases help your business achieve better heights, get more traffic and better rankings too! How? Let's have a look:
- The first benefit of writing an effective press release is that they can quickly enhance your visibility in the search engines. But the trick is to write them in an optimized way and then submit them to sites that offer SEO benefits to target your audience in an accomplished manner.
- But where to start from? Go with the AIDA model! For those who don't know much about it, it is a technique used in successful advertising and marketing campaigns. Here is the elaboration:
A: Attract the attention of the customer (May be, with the help of a catchy headline. Your headline must not only be arrayed with relevant keywords, but also needs to catch reader's attention as well). Just remember, title tags are your first step towards success.
I: Raise the interest level of your target audience (Let's say, by demonstrating the benefits of a particular product or service, but don't sell them directly.)
D: Convince your target audience in the best possible way. Generate a feeling of desire in them.
A: Lead the other person to take action (purchase the product or use your service). But, again NO SELF PROMOTION!
No Spam Please!
The main purpose of an SEO press release is to present the content in the form of a news byte! But you can NOT use a press release to sell or promote your company, your products, or your services at all. That's called 'Spamming' and search engines are against it. Rather, what you can do is, announce a new business, new products or services, or new hires through your press release.
- The idea behind writing a press release is to bring attention to the new things going on within your organization, but there should not be any kind of self-promotion, self-praise or direct selling involved! That's completely against the rules of writing a press release.
- Press releases play a very important role in increasing your brand awareness. So make sure that you chose the right keywords (relevant with your business) to build traffic and market exposure for your website! ('Keywords play a very important role in deciding your rankings in a search engine.)
- The press release should also follow AP style (The Associated Press Stylebook) and not include the word Ã¢â‚¬ËœYou or I').
- Linking: Press release should not be decked with self-promotion, but what about link building? Yes, you can do it to an extent! Generate links and give the reader directions to your company's website by giving anchor text and URLs.
- Include some quotes from a credible personality, say a chairperson or a CEO, to build credibility.
- Quotes, at the same time add human element to the story and save it from just being a stereotyped and vapid news piece!
Now run your press release through appropriate channels and websites, send it online!
And, that's it!
Optimize your press release and see results… Best Of Luck!