Greg Sterling informs that Paul Levine, MD of Yahoo Local will soon be quitting the NO.2 search engine company. Levine will be replaced by Jennifer Dulski, Group VP/General Manager: Shopping, Travel, Autos, RE.
According to Yahoo, "Dulski has held a variety of roles during the past nine years. In 2002, she was the visionary behind the Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“Biggest Sale in Internet History,Ă˘â‚¬Âť a first-of-its-kind online shopping event that created sales lifts for retailers of up to 500%. In 2003, she was a key member of the tiger team that re-launched Yahoo! Search and she led the consumer and influencer marketing strategy behind that successful re-launch, growing Yahoo! Search market share by nearly 2 points."
Screenwerk writes that Paul's achievements in Yahoo Local are:
- Built Yahoo! Local from scratch, growing its audience to 15 million monthly unique users since original launch in 2004
- Grew revenue at a 60% annual rate by increasing user engagement and revenue yield
- Developed a comprehensive local channel partner program, including a deep and enduring partnership with AT&TĂ˘â‚¬â„˘s Yellowpages.com
- Launched community platforms Ă˘â‚¬â€ś like ratings/reviews, merchant-submit, user corrections, and photo upload Ă˘â‚¬â€ś that have allowed millions of consumers and hundreds of thousands of merchants to submit their content and opinions into Yahoo! Local
- Led the companyĂ˘â‚¬â„˘s acquisition and integration of Upcoming.org, which has recently integrated with the Yahoo! network to become Yahoo!Ă˘â‚¬â„˘s social events platform
- Enhanced a dozen Yahoo! properties Ă˘â‚¬â€ś including Search, Real Estate, Travel, Autos, Personals, Flickr, Movies, etc Ă˘â‚¬â€ś by integrating mapping and/or local content
Before replacing Levine, Jennifer Dulski was the VP/GM of the Autos business