Last year in August, Yahoo! had introduced the Traffic Quality Center for Yahoo! Search Marketing. Traffic Quality Center is basically a place for Yahoo! to discuss its quality-related initiatives with their advertisers.
Now, via the Yahoo! Search Marketing Blog, Yahoo! has announced that it has updated the Traffic Quality Center. The updated features will now make it quite easier for advertisers to find answers to their queries and get resolutions for traffic quality issues.
The new updates are as such:
- A submission form to initiate a click investigation.
- Ă˘â‚¬ÂťAsk AceĂ˘â‚¬Ĺ“: A new question-and-answer column written by one of our traffic quality experts.
- Animation on the homepage highlighting our stance on Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“bad clicks.Ă˘â‚¬Âť Refresh your browser to watch different versions.
Things you should do, for a Traffic Spike:
In the event that you notice, an unexpected increase in clicks or impressions you can take the following steps to report the traffic spike to Yahoo! Traffic Quality Center. Under the Click Investigation Tab at the Traffic Quality Center, youĂ˘â‚¬â„˘ll now find information to help you troubleshoot click spikes, plus, a form that will let you submit a request for an investigation by Yahoo!.
However, fluctuations in the click or impression volume is quite normal for many keywords. These fluctuations can be based on a variety of market conditions or changes to your campaign or account. Here are a few examples, of the factors that can initiate such fluctuations and can cause a spike in the impressions or clicks:
- Changes to an adĂ˘â‚¬â„˘s ranking in search results.
- A change to the match type used for your ads.
- Keyword seasonality.
- A new distribution partner added to the Yahoo! Network.
- Yahoo! Buzz placement, where searches on certain popular keywords can be performed directly from the page content.
- Yahoo! Front Page placement, where searches on certain popular keywords can be performed directly from the page content.
Here is a screenshot of the Yahoo! Traffic Quality Center: