Yahoo has a paid inclusion program, apart from the directory, which permits the pages of a website to be crawled and listed in a flash with an assured re-crawl and listing update on an every week basis. Yahoo had updated its paid inclusion program. Previously it was called 'Search Submit Express' and now it is called 'Search Submit Basic'. It runs $49 per URL per year, with maximum of 5 URLs permitted per domain.
Stepforth has a post on the same. It gives s review of the changes.
What Does it Cost to Submit to Yahoo?
The price to submit a URL is $49 which guarantees (for sites that are accepted):
1. Addition to a database of sites "that powers algorithmic search results for Yahoo! and other major web portals such as AltaVista and AlltheWeb."
2. URLs are refreshed (essentially re-indexed) on a 7 business day rotation.
3. Access to a new personalized reporting centre that provides:-
- top 10 click through information itemized by the keyword clicked (see sample here)
- trend charting which provides a visual reference for ups and downs in traffic
- best practices SEO information
What are Yahoo's Guidelines for Paid Inclusion?
Yahoo's guidelines are extensive but nothing surprising. To sum it up don't bother submitting your site if it:
- offers no value to Yahoo's readers
- is composed of a significant percentage of affiliate content
- endangers users
- has offensive content
- has pop-ups, pop-unders, or exit consoles
- is designed purely to drive traffic elsewhere
- infringes on copyrights or trademarks
For a detailed analysis, read the complete Stepforth post.