The economic crisis seems to have relaxed a bit, all thanks to Obama's effort to minimize the negative effect, but it seems that Yahoo! is finding it difficult to overcome the economic catastrophe, and that is why there is no stoppage of layoffs from their end!
Yahoo is again getting indulged in a massive lay-off procedure and therefore it provides a detailed guideline for management on how to break the news. Thanks to Valleywag for leaking these guidelines to all of us!
- How to set up the meeting… walk to the employeeĂ˘â‚¬â„˘s desk and say:
Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“Thank you, Aaron, for coming in. I have some information regarding our organization that I want to tell you in person.Ă˘â‚¬Âť (…)
- (If needed) Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“This was a very difficult business decision supported by senior management.Ă˘â‚¬Âť
- (If needed) Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“The decision is final.Ă˘â‚¬Âť
- Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“I appreciate what you have done for Yahoo!Ă˘â‚¬Âť (…)
- Repeat information on what to do when they are finished with Right Management. Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“When youĂ˘â‚¬â„˘re finished here please go to your desk and pack your personal belongings. Please let me know if you need any help as I will need to collect your company assets in the next two hours.Ă˘â‚¬Âť