Our friends from Yahoo! just let us know Pato Spagnoletto, Senior Director of Marketing at Yahoo! Search Marketing, will be hosting a webinar on Wednesday, November 14. Called "2007 Holiday Consumer Overview and Search Best Practices," many subjects from best practices, to the impact of combining search and display, to 2006 holiday results/consumer trends will be discussed.
"This webinar will cover consumer's search and shopping trends during the Holiday season including online/offline purchase behaviors, search volume trends, the combined impact of search and display on consumer engagement and spend. The webinar will conclude with search best practices for the Holiday season"
What to expect in the webinar:
Users move between paid and algo listings:
- 66%of clicks are from consumers clicking marketers' listings multiple times.
- 37% of conversions come from consumers clicking more than one of marketer's listings, natural or paid.
- 12.6% of conversions credited to natural search results were actually preceded by clicks on a marketer's paid listings, more than twice as many as occur in converse scenario.
Campaigns managed holistically Ã¢â‚¬â€œ where keywords used in sponsored search also rank well in algo Ã¢â‚¬â€œ deliver superior performance:
- 39% lift in revenue.
- 31% lift in perception of campaign.
Some best practices tips for marketers:
- Apply seasonal modifiers to keywords.
- Plan ahead and use scheduling for short term promotions and include special messaging in title and descriptions.
- Create robust gift guides to encourage cross shopping to different categories and drive traffic to that gift guide.
To sign up for the webinar, click here.
As the webinar is interactive anyone with YSM questions, queries, suggestions, criticisms or just an opinion, can post them here. We will forward them to the people at Yahoo! who will then answer all your queries.