Looksmart will no more operate their Zeal directory from 28th of his month. Surprised? Don't be. The members of Zeal recieved an e-mail which said that Zeal.com will not function for its users, not because that it is being sold, but because of that fact that company does'nt have any kind of plans to take it further.
The directory was associated with ABC Go.com's GoGuides which also served as an alternative project to the Netscape Open Directory. This particular act has brought a drastic change in the Internet and site classification. It made the slow directory submital and exclusive editor category a default process and shifted to an instant world of social search, bookmarking and tagging.
With 2.0 oriented techniques, you can bring a task of defining a site, blog or idea via tags and citations to a wide sector of society. Therefore, Looksmart wants to lay their hands on the Furl.net, an online book marketing service that saves your vital information, and share it with others, while observing what others save and find important.
Furl.net enables you to:
* Save Web pages to a personal, permanent archive with 5GB of storage.
* Revisit the full text of your favorite Web pages.
* Share articles and information with friends and family members with simple email pass-along tools.
* Use Furl as a platform for social networking and discovering useful information.
* Share articles and information with people that share common interests using RSS feeds.
* See what other Furl members are saving and sharing.
* Save your favorite Zeal content.