Amazon’s Alexa family, i.e. the intelligent voice agent and Alexa.com, provides traffic estimates and ranks which are based on the browsing behavior of the users. So, to help webmasters dig deeper and get strategic directions for their Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing, Alexa.com has added new features.
The update provides keyword opportunities and audience analysis about any site or its competing sites, enabling webmasters to more closely manage their future SEO plans and keep up with the competition.
Here is a screenshot from Alexa.com, showing some of the new features.
BENEFITS OF THE NEW FEATURES:
- New keyword opportunities include words that will drive more traffic.
- Easy-to-rank keywords indicate that a site could probably rank.
- Based on Alexa’s competitive power, you will get the most popular keywords.
- Buyer keywords are used by site’s targeted audience, indicating a high intent to purchase by the searcher.
- Optimization will help find keywords which are driving traffic to the site and those which could be better utilized.
- Competitive analysis will now show the percentage of overall traffic from search engines, the number of referral sites driving traffic, and top search terms for a site and competitors.
THE NEW AUDIENCE INSIGHTS:
- This allows a marketer to see the categories of interest for a site’s audience, compare it with a listing of other sites in those categories that the audience visits.
- As per the update, the free tool “automatically generates top competing sites that it uses as the basis for a more in-depth competitive analysis report.”
- A comparison of search traffic, referral sources and top site keywords between a site and its competitors are free, while other features are included in the site’s subscription plan.