Let’s face it. Creating valuable content is not easy. If you want your audience to find value in the content that you post, you have to spend a lot of time researching, formatting, and structuring your content. By the time you are done, the next content post to create is already on the queue.
But, did you know you can get the same quality of content by just creating one and then repurposing it into different ones?
No, we do not mean rewriting the article over and over again.
To put it simply, we are telling you that you should transform your content into different types and distribute them to a wider range of channels. This way, you do not have to exhaust yourself in trying to find scores of ideas. You only have to think of one and then strategize how you can create different types of it.
Repurposing content is not just because you want to save time. There are a lot more benefits you can get from it.
- SEO Boost: If you have a wide variety of content that revolves around the same topic, you can create a big opportunity for you to target your keywords. Moreover, transforming your content and publishing them somewhere else will give you the chance to create quality backlinks too!
- Widen Audience:If your content is just on your website, you are really just letting those that know about you see them. Whereas, if you repurpose them into, say, a video, you can reach those that love watching videos.
- Reinforce Message:One of the most traditional but still effective methods for brand awareness is repetition. With content in different forms, you can have many avenues to mention your message and soon, it will be instilled on your audience.
- Gain Authority:Lastly, publishing content that revolves around a single topic in different channels can also increase your authority level drastically!
How to Repurpose?
Below, we share a few suggestions on how you can transform that very good content on your website you spent hours creating.
- Audio: You might already notice it — writing can have limitations. Moreover, there is no assurance that your audience will catch every word in your article. So, what you can do is to repeat it by creating an audio version of it.
You can either record the article as an audio or you can even take it to the next level and start a podcast series discussing the topic you mentioned in your article. This way, your audience will not only learn from your content but they will also enjoy and get to realize that your business has a voice too!
- Infographics: Now, wherever you go or whoever expert you talk to, they will always say the same thing. To create recall and spark interest, you need to focus on visuals. And, what better way than to create a beautiful infographic out of the content you publish?
Infographics are really good in a lot of ways. First, they are pleasing to the eyes. They are not stuffed with a lot of words that normal content would have. Also, because of the way that information is presented in bite-sized pieces, digesting and comprehending the message is easy.
Moreover, content that is heavily focused on visuals can experience up to 94% more traffic than those that are just made up of words.
- Social Media: If you are already doing content marketing, chances are, you are also on social media. If you aren’t, then you are doing your content marketingcompletely wrong!
It is already a universal fact that the majority of Internet users are on social media. So, it is just plain illogical that you are not where they are. If you have a long form content, why don’t you utilize social media to your advantage?
Take bite-sized pieces of information from your long content and create a short video or a simple photo then you can share your thoughts through a simple post! Do this in a series so you can keep your audience updated. Plus, you get to reinforce your message with every short post you publish.
Social media is less stressful and it fosters an environment where you get to be friendly and human. This is also good for your brand because people always love a brand that they can relate to.
We all know that content marketing is complicated. It is made up of different complex aspects. Add to that the fact that you need to make sure your content is high-quality. But, this does not really mean that you do everything manually. The methods that we mentioned above are a few ways on how you can save time in creating new content by repurposing an old one but still ensuring efficiency in your strategy.