From now on, website owners will be able to keep a track of their event listings on Google Search Console Reports. Google has come up with new filters which are found below ‘Search appearance.’ Applying such filters will enable website owners to keep a track of the frequency of events posted on their site visible in search results.
To enable Search Console to record the data, website owners will need to utilize event structured data markup on the pages in which their events have been posted. One Google help document clarifies the difference between event details and event listings –
“Some rich result types have two search result views: a list view and a details view. The initial search result is a list containing the top results, with minimal information about each. The user can either expand the list to show more list items or click a specific result in the list to open a details view with more information about the selected item.”
Data in Search Console for event listings are recorded in the following manner-
- Impression – An impression gets counted once a list item appears on the short list view. It is also visible when the list view expands.
- Click – Clicking an item on the list view is considered a click.
- Position – Once a list item is seen on the short list view, all items which are visible are allotted a single position. Once the list expands and can be scrolled, each item is allotted a position in which it appears on the list.
This is how data which is recorded in Search Console for event details appear-
- Impression – Once a user lends on details view, it is regarded as an impression even if he followed a direct link or clicked on it.
- Click – Once a user has made a selection on the details view, a click gets counted.
- Position – Position is forever 1 for a details view.
At present, event listings are only visible for English based search results in US, UK and, India.
If you want to gain more expertise you can join Digital Marketing Course in Rohini. As Digital marketing is an art which we can do shape it every day!