LinkedIn Events and LinkedIn Live are collaborating to develop a new virtual event solution. LinkedIn Pages are now being updated so that they can create virtual events due to the rise in the number of on-line conferences. Virtual events are being organized by combing two existing features-LinkedIn Events and LinkedIn Live. Both features can work jointly, thereby enabling marketers to stream live video content directly to the attendees of LinkedIn Events.
We are witnessing a social media live video boom, and LinkedIn is a part of it.As per LinkedIn’s data, live video is driving far more engagement in comparison to other types of videos. Live video on LinkedIn is witnessing 23xmore comments on each post and 6x more reactions per post than native video. It is the most viable solution for generating real-time engagement between LinkedIn Page and its followers.
Why Should You Host A Virtual Event On LinkedIn?
In its announcement, LinkedIn stressed on some benefits of hosting a virtual event on its platform.
- A secure and trusted atmosphere: Utilizing LinkledIn Live, you can select a live stream to your Page Followers or Event attendees, so that you can contact the audiences wherever they are.
- Draw the right professional audiences: Make your event open specifically for Page followers and send direct invitations to your first-degree profile connections.
- Additional buzz and engagement: Create buzz for your event or live broadcast by posting an update either on Event feed or Page.
- Greater Longevity: Live broadcasts will be saved on video tab of the page so that it can seen later.
When it comes to benefits, one thing which is worth noting is that virtual events are free and can be set up easily.
How Can You Host A Virtual Event On LinkedIn?
For creating virtual events, your Page will need to apply for access to LinkedIn Live for getting approval. For people who have been approved for LinkedIn Live,the process for creating a virtual event is mentioned below-
- First and foremost, create a LinkedIn Event
- Mention that it is ‘’online-only’’ during the creation process
- On the day of the event, open the third party broadcast tool and choose the event as stream destination,instead of your organization’s page
At present, third-party broadcast tools which integrate LinkedIn Live and LinkedIn Events include Restream, Streamyard, Wirecast and Socialive. Wowza will come soon. Once the stream starts, all event attendees will be notified.
How To Decide The Right Time For Going Live?
Are You Unsure When To Go Live?
Here is a tip you can use. Find out the optimal time for going live by reviewing ‘’Followers’’tab below Analytics. Using the data in this tab, you can view where most of your audience is located. Then, go live at a time when it is convenient for the biggest segment of your audience can join. The new functionality is no available as part of quarterly update to LinkedIn pages.