Google AdWords now has three new reports on cross-device activity in the Attribution section of AdWords for deeper insight into device usage along the full conversion path.
- Devices — see how much cross-device activity is happening in your AdWords account
- Assisting Devices — inform your device bid adjustments by learning how often different devices assisted conversions on other devices
- Device Paths — examine the top conversion paths for your customers using two or more devices
There are two main ways to take action on these new cross device insights:
- Select a different attribution model beyond last click. You can select one of six different attribution models for each of your conversion types: last click, first click, linear, time decay, position-based, or data-driven. These attribution models apply to your search ads and take cross-device behavior into account. When you pick a new model, credit will be reassigned across the conversion path and your conversion stats will change moving forward. Check out our recent best practices guide for additional information.
- Update your device bid adjustments. The new Assisting Devices report can tell you how many conversions were assisted by clicks or impressions from different devices. The Mobile Assist Ratio shows how many conversions were assisted by mobile devices compared to the number of final conversions on mobile devices. For example, if your Mobile Assist Ratio for a campaign is 3.72, that means that for every conversion on a mobile device, 3.72 conversions on other devices were assisted by mobile devices. With this information, you can update your mobile bid adjustments.
New reports in Attribution under the Tools tab will be available in the coming weeks.