Earlier this week, Google introduced a shipping configuration tool enabling merchants to show more accurate shipping rates to shoppers. This tool is available in the Google Merchant Center. With the help of this new tool, consumers will no longer find higher shipping rates on a merchant’s website.
With the help of this tool you can configure accurate shipping rates for products. The tool offers:
- More Shipping Options: Now, there are more shipping options available, merchants can now set customized based shipping methods based on a hierarchical set of rules.
- Multiple Shipping Methods: Google will display the lowest possible price to the user for different shipping methods including ground and express for the same country.
- Customize on location: You can fix your rates based on shipping destination using cities and states or countries.
- Simplified Exclusion: Indicate when products cannot be shipped to certain regions.
- Reusable Library: You can create a repository of shipping methods for reuse across various custom configurations.
Google has also added a new shipping label attribute to let merchants configure shipping rates. This will enable them to assign a label to a group of products with the specific shipping requirements, like perishable, bulky, or promotional. Thus, merchants can configure the custom rate in shipping settings in Merchant Center.
Google has migrated the current shipping settings to this new tool eliminating the need for any update.
For more information on the shipping configuration tool, you can sign up for the Hangout session being hosted by Google to cover best practices on 16h September