You’ll be glad to know that the seasonality adjustment feature is out to make smart bidding possible for search and display campaigns. This smart bidding strategy set bids automatically and can really help advertisers to improve the performance of their Google Ads campaign.
A Well Founded Reason To Use This
Google’s tCPA and tROAS smart bidding strategies take large scale seasonality changes into consideration; it is not a rocket science to train algorithm to respond to the holiday season bump, for instance. However, machine algorithms don’t often respond quickly to sharp changes- in this case to changing conversion rates. By the time system catches up, your promotion may be over. But with seasonality adjustment feature, advertisers can directly inform Google’s bidding system of expected conversion rate changes during special promotions, product launches and recess specific to their businesses.
“With seasonality adjustments, you can apply a predicted conversion rate adjustment and Smart Bidding will consider that adjustment for the date range selected, while trying to hit your target CPA,” says Google.
How-To Guide For Advertisers To Create Seasonality Adjustments
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- Click the Tools icon (available in the top-right corner)
- From the drop-down menu, select Bid Strategies under Shared Library.
- Under Bid Strategies, click Advanced Controls.
- Select the Seasonality Adjustment option at the top.
- To create a new seasonality adjustment, select the blue plus symbol.
- Give a name or add a description to your adjustment, fill in the event’s start and end dates, and choose your scope and devices.
- Adjust your conversion rate to view your estimated conversion rate change.
- Click Save.
Google recommends using seasonal adjustments only if there are major changes to conversion rate are expected.
According to Google adjustments are perfect for short events of 1-7 days. They may not work as well if you use them for extended time period (more than 14 days at a time).
At present, you can make the best use of this seasonality adjustment feature for Search and Display campaign. Support for Shopping Campaigns is expected later this year.